OUR MISSIONThe mission of Alyssa's Angels is to do work that reflects the spirit of giving to and caring for others, which was so important to Alyssa Rose Bruno. Funds that are generated will be used to support projects that will directly benefit the most disadvantaged and needy children in the Rochester area. These projects will focus on children who are:
- Victims of abuse and/or neglect
- Experiencing serious medical, behavioral or emotional problems
- Lacking in family or other community supports
9th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday April 4, 2015
"A few months ago, Alyssa's Angels provided funds to get an iPad for a family of a young guy who has a chromosomal
disorder. Besides entertainment, one of the main purposes of the iPad was to provide a way to help him communicate,
due to his lack of verbal skills. Well, I went to visit the family this week, and I was able to experience his new
ability to communicate after about 4 years of struggling, during my visits with the family, because of his minimal
verbal skills. It was really exciting for me to be able to experience this for the first time and I know it has
helped him and the family. The mother states is also allows him the opportunity to take and keep photos from his
perspective. He also uses it to keep his favorite songs and games on it which he uses at times of illness or boredom.
I just wanted to drop a short note to let you know you work is impacting people. Thanks again for all you do!"
- Patrick Cayouette, LMSW, CompassionNet Case Manager
With heartfelt thanks I'm writing to express gratitude on behalf of Jonathan C & his mother. When I went out to the home with your generous gift card and note to the family, Mom was brought to tears. From your kind donation Jonathan was able to order a new bed and mattress. He is overjoyed! He is excited to pick out sheets, pillows, etc for his bed, as well. Thank you! Thanks you so very much. The lives that you are touching truly makes a difference.
With sincere thanks, Victoria Gerhardt, Case Manager, CompassionNet
- Federation of Social Workers Our members are dedicated human service professionals who are both caring and committed to the entire community. Their tireless efforts at their jobs, and also as volunteers supporting many local charities, have improved the quality of life for everyone in Monroe County.
- Christopher's Challenge The Purpose of Christopher's Challenge is to pay for the typing of samples for individuals willing to become potential donors through the National Marrow Donor Program.